Tuesday, July 18, 2006

How I Cheated Death, by Larry

Hello! Larry here. Last night I went to see Dr Bryan for a final check-up. With any luck (paws crossed) I'd get the all clear and be able to stop taking my medicine. I was very nervous when we went into the surgery, but Dr Bryan had a big smile on his face. He said 'I am very pleased with you Larry'.

He said that most rabbits like me don't survive.

Some of you might be thinking: 'But Larry! We didn't know you were ill! We would've sent you a card and a bunch of carrots if we'd known!'. In truth, I didn't feel like talking about it much at the time. But if you'd like to know the full story, read on:



Thirty days ago, I think it was a Friday, I woke up and my head really hurt and I didn't know where I was. I couldn't see properly out of my eyes because I couldn't control them. It was like they had the shivers, darting back and forth at a mad rate.

Jared came to say hello. When he opened the door to our hutch I thought about jumping out and playing in the yard. I poked my head through the door but decided to stay inside - I was just too dizzy. Jared helpfully picked me up and put me down on the ground, but the space really freaked me out and all I could do was wander round in circles.

Jared said: 'What's the matter, Larry?'. He put me back in the hutch. I was very sad. Luckily Rita decided to stay and gave me a comforting lick.

I tried to stay calm and sat really still, because if I tried to move I tended to fall over, which was embarrassing. Jared patted me on the head occasionally. All I wanted was for my head to stop spinning. Later that day, Jared put me and Rita in a box. It smelt very familiar, because I think it was the box that we lived in on the way from the Pet Shop to our new home. That time I felt very scared, but this time I thought we would probably be going somewhere nice. Rita didn't agree. She was very annoyed about being put in the box, and her scrabbling around didn't do my headache any good.

As it turned out, we ended up at the vets, which is where animals go when they are poorly. A man (Dr Bryan) picked me up and looked in my eyes and put me on a thing and picked me up and held my head and made me eat something horrible. Then he said something to Jared that I didn't understand. I was very confused. It hadn't been a good day. We went home and I tried to get some sleep.

I wasn't alone, though. Because apparently there was a parasite and it was EATING MY BRAIN.

Sorry for the scary ending, but I thought I'd leave it on a 'cliffhanger' to get you all excited and wanting to read the next instalment. Sorry again if anyone was shocked.

Larry x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home