Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nice Weather For Bunnies

Phew! Yesterday was the hottest day of summer so far and today isn't too far off. I don't want to be like those annoying people who complain all winter about the cold and then moan about it being 'too hot' when the sun finally decides to shine. But you try wearing a rabbit fur coat and living out in the sun all day!

Air conditioning was invented for days like these but much of London isn't equipped to deal with heat. Isn't it strange how the people here are always surprised when it's hot in the summer. It can't be that rare, can it?

Larry and I have different ways of dealing with the heatwave. I like to lie down under the hutch for most of the day (keeping out of the rays helps prevent bunburn). Larry hops about and then drinks lots of cool water. I was on my loptop again just now and I found these top tips for helping out rabbits in the heat. If you're a rabbit, show them to your human today!

Rita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home